RVVS COVID 19 Curbside Policy:
The doors will be locked on both the RVVS and RVGB side. The public will not be allowed into the building.
Veterinary appointments for routine illness (ear infection, skin infection, urinary issues for example) or wellness:
- When the client arrives in the parking lot they will call the clinic to let us know they have arrived. The CSR will take the file to the back, announce the pet is here, and then the technician on that appointment will take the history, ask questions, and go and request the anticipated care for that day.
- The tech (or CSR) will then go out to the car to get the patient. All dogs must be on leashes, all cats must be in carriers. The client can wait in the car.
- Once inside with the tech we proceed with the pet as usual, obtaining labs, performing the exam, vaccines, diagnostics, etc.
- Once complete, the doctor will call the client with the exam results, recommendations, and obtain verbal consent if any further tests or treatment are needed. Any further treatment or diagnostics will then be performed.
- The invoice will be concluded, meds will be prepared, and a tech or CSR will call the client to obtain payment via credit card.
- The pet will be brought back out to the car, with any medications, and the invoice. The DVM findings will be emailed to the client.
ADRs or significant illness (multiple problems like vomiting and diarrhea, a very lethargic pet, or other significant illness) will need to be drop-offs.
We will follow the above protocol, except the client should go home and not wait in the parking lot. Once care has been completed we will follow up with recommendations, care, and discharge instructions and time to come pick the pet up. Payment will be collected via credit card and we will bring the pet to them in the car.
- The technician will call the day before the procedure to go over the treatment plan. The treatment plan will then be emailed to the client. If possible they should print it, sign it, and email it back to us, or bring it with them the next day.
- The day of the surgery the client will call once they arrive in the parking lot. A tech will go to the car, get the patient and the treatment plan.
- The DVM will perform the pre-anesthetic exam, and call the client with any additional questions.
- The procedure will be performed and the client will be updated as usual by the DVM.
- Once the invoice is concluded, the tech will call the client to go over it, the discharge instruction, and obtain payment.
- The client will arrive at their previously scheduled discharge time and call us. We will bring the pet out to the car with medications, food, e-collars, etc.
Food, prescription and product pick-ups:
The client will call ahead or call us from their car with their request. The CSR will fill it, obtain payment, and then bring it out to the car.
Boarding: The client should be contacted at least a day before the boarding starts to go over the questionnaire. Once in the parking lot the client will call the RVGB number to let us know they have arrived, and we will collect payment over the phone via a credit card.
Daycare: The client will call when in the parking lot. We will go get the pet. When the client arrives they will call again, and we will bring the pet out to them. Any daycare charges will be done via phone and credit card.
Grooming: The client will be contacted in the days before their appointment by their groomer to go over the details of what they are looking for in the groom. Once they arrive they will call the clinic, and we will go get the pet. After the groom is done they can be called to collect payment via credit card. When they arrive to pick up the pet they will call from the parking lot, and we will bring the pet to them.
When going out to get the pet, we’ll use a RVGB slip lead to get the pet, and not bring pet’s leashes into the building. The slip lead will then be washed. When bringing the dog back out we will use a slip lead and it can go home with the dog.
Cats will need to be in a carrier. We will wipe down the outside of the carrier and store it in the facility.